Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal for harsher punishments

+2
Enigma
TD123
6 posters

Go down

Proposal for harsher punishments Empty Proposal for harsher punishments

Post by TD123 Tue May 20, 2008 12:47 pm

Recently i've seen a lotta idiots on the zombie mod server, just doing random shit cause they think they can get away with it. My proposal is to enforce harsher punishments on those idiots, because there's no excuse now since majority of the rules are listed everytime you enter a different map.

Things like mic spamming, prop breaking and being complete assholes aren't an excuse anymore. So far, mic spamming gets you instant perm ban if an admin is on (i like this), and prop/cade breaking only gets you a slay and maybe a temp ban if there are repeated offences. I've yet to see someone slayed/banned for being an asshole (attitude wise).

For instance, the punishments could be tweaked like this:

prop/cade breaking on purpose: slay the first time, 2nd time ban 2 hours, third time perm ban ip + steam id.

acting like an asshole (smart mouthing admins/players, just acting like an idiot in general): banned the first time for 2 hours, second time perm ban steam id + ip.

spamming mic/chat: instant perm ban ip + steam id.

proping up to nukes (e.g. zm_atix_helicopter): ban for 30 minutes

suiciding when you're spawn zombie/suiciding to BECOME spawn zombie: slayed the first time, banned for 2 hours second time, third time perm ban.

blocking: slayed the first time, banned the second for 2 hours

hacking/cheating: instant perm ban steam id + ip + removed from rankings (if possible)

trying to deny any of the above when there's undeniable proof: ban for 2 hours, second time perm ban steam id + ip.

Of course, i'm not an admin myself but i think that with harsher punishments this server will be more enjoyable to play in. Offenders do NOT get the message if you slay them because they can always just respawn or come back at a later time. Banning them will show them that they will lose complete priviledge of playing on this server if they continue acting the way they are.

TD123
Seargeant
Seargeant

Number of posts : 80
Favorite Game : COD4, CS:S Zombie Mod
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

Proposal for harsher punishments Empty Re: Proposal for harsher punishments

Post by Enigma Tue May 20, 2008 5:34 pm

I don't speak for all of the admins, but these are just my two cents.

Whenever i see someone mic spamming, I mute them, if they keep doing it after i mute them, then i slay them. And mic spamming honestly doesn't deserve a ban unless they continuously do so, in which they ARE banned (I've seen every admin do it, Including myself).

as for Proping up to nuke sites, Cadi has already stated that if they do it they get banned until the map is over.

As for ass holes in general, If i see them, i'll slay the fuck out of them, But if you're being just as big of an ass hole, i don't really give a damn, You two (Not "you" in particular) can go at it, Have fun, just don't annoy everyone else.

Hackers Are instantly slayed and banned whenever caught. If they don't appeal, It's a 2 week ban, If they do and Cadi is feeling generous, It's lifted unless they're caught again.

The punishments are harsh, They don't need to be harsher, because if they were then people just fucking around once would leave, And wouldn't have a chance to redeem themselves. but disregarding that, and onto the next topic.

Blocking, If someone is blocking, They're slayed, If they keep doing it, They get banned depending on the mood the admin is usually in. It's mostly 2 hours, but varies.

If they're smartmouthing and whatnot to an admin, They're likely to get banned depending on the admins mood, but usually they get slayed, And if they're still being an asshole, they do get banned. Again, the time varies.

Prop and cade breaking, As has already been stated, is a bannable offense, And HAS been enforced multiple times. All of the admins have banned for it, but we can't always catch them, And without proof or a trustworthy source we can't ban them, And if it turns out they were just crying wolf, They'll get slayed themselves.

But on top of that, Cut the admins some slack. Alot of them don't get on for hours and hours at a time, And we actually do want to play too. Don't expect every admin to sit in spectate just to make sure someones box isn't getting shot because a guy spawns the box inside the guy.
Enigma
Enigma
Seargeant
Seargeant

Number of posts : 141
Favorite Game : Harvest moon again. Might play cs:s some more a bit.
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadi Tue May 20, 2008 6:43 pm

TY Enigma you kept me from writing a wall of text myself Wink

We are admins not babysitters if we see players breaking the rules they will be handled appropriately. At the same time I want things to remain fair. You also got to realize that most servers are ran by asshole admins on power trips so alot of these players are not used to our type of server. Everyone makes mistakes and some learn and some don't give them a chance to redeem themselves.
Cadi
Cadi
General
General

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitty Tue May 20, 2008 7:14 pm

I have to agree with Enigma, and Cadi. If you go into any server, with admins on, most of them would probably be doing random shi and messing around doing w/e they want. As for the rules, they're harsh enough, and depending on the admins mood, you could get anything from simply being slayed to a perma ban.
Kitty
Kitty
Colonel
Colonel

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://chaosnetwork.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Tue May 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Very true indeed Cadi and Kitty. Moonlight, a VERY popular map maker, Goes into no clip to kill people with her admin. atleast we're not doing THAT. A simple slaying works Very Happy.
Enigma
Enigma
Seargeant
Seargeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadi Tue May 20, 2008 10:29 pm

You dont want to get me started on their admins...
Cadi
Cadi
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post by TD123 Tue May 20, 2008 11:04 pm

lmao @ your replies.

I guess that puts some insight to this problem. I agree that with other servers, they suck because honestly i think this is the only server where i've seen active admins on.

Compared to others servers the rules are harsh, but when they're right there infront of you and you still disregard that, then that's just total bs because there should be no excuse of "oh i didn't know" when it's written right infront of your face.

I still think that after 2 or 3 times, you should be perma banned for any rule that you break because you would think that being slayed/banned 2 or 3 times would get a message to your head.

Honestly if it were me, i'd really just slay the first time for any of the minor offenses, then second time ban for 2 hours, no questions asked, ESPECIALLY when the offender's been told not to do it and he/she does it again.

TD123
Seargeant
Seargeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Wed May 21, 2008 9:15 am

Well, It's a Shame you're not an admin. /Sarcasm.

I've never seen any admin blow off something. Infact, EVERY admin we have has instantly gone into spectate when someone complains of prop breaking.

And again, EVERY admin slays people if they break a rule.

Since prop breaking isn't such a major offense, because it usually just leads to someone being in a cheapass spot (I actually ALLOW props being broken then) Then a 2 hour ban is retarded. 30 minutes? That's fair, because that's an entire map. honestly, if i slay someone for prop breaking or breaking ANY rules for that matter, If they continuously do it they WILL get banned, and have on many occasions by multiple admins. But most of the time (And i do stress MOST because this is a very common thing) They won't do it again. Why? Because they don't want to get banned.

Regardless if the rules are right there in their faces, Some people don't read them, Because if they break one, they'll just get slayed and figure them out on their own. If they continue to do so Harsh action WILL be taken against them. But then some people don't even get a chance to see the rules. I've gone into the server and the rules menu didn't show up until i opened a different menu.

Then you have the people who accidentally break someones props, Break someones props because the person was a jackass and build props on him, didn't break the props and the other guy just thinks he is, Or alltogeather NONE of the props got broken and the guy is just being an ass hole.

THAT is why we can't just instantly slay and perma ban people. For starters, The admins aren't jackasses and powerhungry abusers. We actually have to CHECK people to see if they do it. We can't just go off some whiner who is bitching about someone breaking his props, even though he was trying to get ontop of a lamp post.

Not to mention, it may not LOOK it, And we may have different approaches, But we all (All of us Admins) Go by a loosely strict rules that Cadi tells us to follow (IE. 30 minute ban for propping in atix, Slay, Then varied time ban for prop breaking) So we're not just winging it.

So please, Do bare with us and our "non harsh" Punishments. We know what we're doing, And just because YOU see someone breaking a rule doesn't mean we do. If you do, and report them to us, Then by all means thank you, we will check into it. But that's as much as we can do without seeing them do it.

Edit: Also, I apologize to everyone reading about my skyscrapers of text xD.
Enigma
Enigma
Seargeant
Seargeant

Back to top Go down

Post by TD123 Wed May 21, 2008 1:14 pm

I see what you mean enigma, but

Enigma wrote:Well, It's a Shame you're not an admin. /Sarcasm.

was not necessary. Rolling Eyes

TD123
Seargeant
Seargeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Wed May 21, 2008 1:58 pm

This thread wasn't necessary.
Enigma
Enigma
Seargeant
Seargeant

Back to top Go down

Post by TD123 Wed May 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Enigma wrote:This thread wasn't necessary.

Your attitude isn't necessary.

And this thread was necessary, because at first i was unsure of something and i had a question to ask, and this was the place to ask.

Now that my question's been answered, you can feel free to do whatever you want to this thread.

TD123
Seargeant
Seargeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadi Thu May 22, 2008 1:02 pm

lol

Ok back more to the topic.. as a read through this thread and laughed several times..I thought ...it would be funny to make a script to auto punish or torment people by their ID's. So a player could be added to a list and at whatever point in the game they would trigger the punishment/action.. so for example

you join the server
you get sent a annoying flood of text telling you that your gay
you join a team
oops you got sent to spectate
so you notice and pick another team
great it worked this time your on a team now you can play..
round starts
you get smacked a few times
you found a spot to hide and toss a trusty he grenade
wtf you burst into flames..

ok you get the point Wink so in the near future I might go ahead and make all the functions for it and maybe even integrate a in game admin menu for it to manage the player list.
Cadi
Cadi
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post by TD123 Thu May 22, 2008 2:57 pm

Cadi wrote:lol

Ok back more to the topic.. as a read through this thread and laughed several times..I thought ...it would be funny to make a script to auto punish or torment people by their ID's. So a player could be added to a list and at whatever point in the game they would trigger the punishment/action.. so for example

you join the server
you join a team
round starts

ok you get the point Wink so in the near future I might go ahead and make all the functions for it and maybe even integrate a in game admin menu for it to manage the player list.

lmao

i can see how this can be "abused" in certain ways... (of course, like admins just "playing" around with other players Wink )

TD123
Seargeant
Seargeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadi Thu May 22, 2008 9:32 pm

TD123 wrote:
Cadi wrote:lol

you join the server
you join a team
round starts

lmao

i can see how this can be "abused" in certain ways... (of course, like admins just "playing" around with other players Wink )

LOL thats funny because I was going to test it on you Wink
Cadi
Cadi
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post by TD123 Thu May 22, 2008 11:32 pm

yeah i thought you'd say something like that (actually that was exactly what i was thinking).

TD123
Seargeant
Seargeant

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy0466 Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:09 pm

WTF
blueboy0466
blueboy0466
Seargeant
Seargeant

Number of posts : 119
Favorite Game : Crysis, Call of duty 4, CSS, Halo 2 and 3. World In conflict.
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.myspace.com/xxblueboyxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TD123 Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:21 pm

well the spammer obviously didn't come here...

TD123
Seargeant
Seargeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadi Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:33 am

he did I just deleted this one Wink

he went to all threads
Cadi